Friday, February 21, 2014

Late Morning Pages 22114

I woke up early enough to take my car for its oil change, but I didn't. I stayed up late, very late, and I didn't want to get up at 6:00 to take it. I called and cancelled my appointment. I slept until 9:30. It felt good not to get up, but I had to . I am going to, hopefully work on everything that I didn't work on this week. so I'm going to print out on program for church, put another load of clothes in the washer, and continue knitting my throw. I also have to vacuum the rooms with carpet  and sweep the bathroom and kitchen. I need to change the sheets on my sister's bed. I have several things to complete today and I will work towards completing them. Sometimes I think I'm pressuring my oldest grandson too much. I want him to be successful with his school work. I know he has to come into his own, but I want to help him find strategies that will make him feel good about himself and successful while doing it. I have to work on my taxes.I pray that I don't have to pay back too much or anything at all. I went to my NJMQG meeting last night. I really enjoy going and seeing what all the talented quilters make. Sometimes I feel so inadequate. I think I'm not as talented as others. The ideas they come up with are awesome. Oh well, I turned in my challenge blocks. I am going to replicate what I made into a quilt for myself. I'm sitting here writing late and listening to the television that my sister is watching. She has a comment about everything she watches. I try to tune her out but sometimes it gets to be too much. I know television is much of her life. i try to get her to do other things but some of the tasks are too hard for her. I leave it alone for awhile so I don't get frustrated with her. I can snap sometimes and I don't want to do that. I don't want to be mean or angry with her. I now know how she got on my mother's nerves but that was because they stayed in the house all the time. At least if she gets on my nerves I can leave her at home or we can go out. Cabin fever is not a good thing!  Enough said . . .  Until tomorrow . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment