Monday, January 20, 2014
Morning Pages 12014
As time goes on holidays and observances become less and less important. I say that because today we observe Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.'s birthday, and before you would hear announcements and acknowledgements of him throughout the week. This remembrance would even start in the beginning of the month. Not much has been said! He was a great man who fought for our civil rights. Yes, we were given rights because of the fight but nothing has really changed. People fell asleep once they thought they were equal. There are still subtle discriminations throughout United States. We have segregation within our own race. Oh, if only Dr. King could see us now. What would he say? How would he feel? He fought a good fight and died doing it. Do we remember? Do our children of today know who he was? I watched a documentary about the 1964 and all that was going on in our nation. It still brings tears to my eyes to see all that happened to people of color, and then when the freedom riders went south to protest for civil rights their lives were in danger. It didn't matter if you were black or white. The hatred that some people had they would kill their mama if she didn't agree with them. It is such a hurtful pain to see the hate that people had then and even now. "Now is the time for all good men to come to the aide of their country." I went to bed late last night because I wanted to finish my first scarf and I did. I found a mistake and it's in the second round, but I caught it too late so I couldn't take out the stitches. I guess that's what happens when you rush. So, for the next four I shall take my time. I thought I had so much to do today but I really don't. Little things do amount to big things. I wrote do the chores that had to be done, so I won't over look any thing. Changing the linen on the beds is a BIG must today. If I don't do it now it won't get done. It really interesting taking care of a mentally challenged individual. The things they can and can't do. The things their mind remembers today and it's gone tomorrow. Short term memory is null. They work well with a daily routine, but when something happens in their psyche that's thrown out the door. I've observed my sister for a year and nine months and she is an enigma. The older she gets the less she remembers or at least that's what she displays. Enough said . . . Thank you God for sending your son Jesus.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment