Thursday, January 2, 2014

Morning Pages-1214

Sometime ago, I read the Artist's Way by Julia Cameron and in her book she had an exercise that was nonnegotiable. You had to do it every morning. You had to write three pages of what ever crossed your mind, and it had to be done when you first woke up; before you did anything else. So I decided that I would begin writing in my blog; first thing in the morning before I did anything else. My thoughts may not make sense, but it will be my release of whatever I'm thinking or feeling at that time. No it won't be three pages, but who knows . . . what will become of it.
So hear goes . . . stayed up late crocheting another infinity scarf. I'm really proud of the number of completed scarves I've made so far. I wish I could complete that many quilts. I'm always completing the quilt tops but never sandwiching them so I can do the final step. I've decide to try to complete one thing a week. What ever I'm working on. My goal is to complete before I begin something new. Penn use to tell me that when I started something I would become obsessed with it. I remembered when he taught me how to macrame. He had a gig and I was at home. That night I think I make three or four plant holders. I get like that. I rush through things. Then I move on to something else. Sometimes I wonder if I'm ADD. I will have several projects going and not really completing one. That's why I'm going to try to finish before I begin a new one. There are so many changes happening with me and I feel overwhelmed and sometimes I can't cope. I am happy, sad, angry, needy, wanting, and dying for a simple touch. I thank God for the people in my life and I am thanking Him for new people He will send to me. This is my year! 2014!!!  My first morning page.

No comments:

Post a Comment